Join the After School Matters Associate Board!
Chicago’s teens need you! Join the After School Matters Associate Board and build strong ties with other emerging leaders while making a meaningful impact in the lives of Chicago teens. By providing leadership opportunities through volunteerism, networking, and fundraising events, members of the Associate Board are connected to the mission of After School Matters and help build a better Chicago.
The After School Matters Associate Board is a pool of rising leaders from diverse industries and sectors who are committed to advancing the mission of After School Matters. The Associate Board agrees to invest their time, talent, and resources to build a brighter future for our teens and Chicago through fulfilling the following responsibilities.
- Commit to a minimum of two years as a member
- Serve on a committee (volunteering, events, or membership engagement)
- Attend all Associate Board meetings
- Leverage your network to fundraise or personally contribute $1,000 to the board’s fundraising goal
- Attend all Associate Board meetings, which take place every other month
- Support the Associate Board’s annual fundraising event, Sneaker Ball, through ticket purchase and contributing an in-kind donation
- Fundraise or personally contribute $1,000 to the board’s fundraising goal
- Attend at least four (4) ASM events throughout the year including at least one (1) volunteer workshop with After School Matters teens, and one (1) Member Engagement committee-sponsored event.
- Introduce your peers to ASM and help make the case of personal or corporate philanthropic support by hosting fundraising events or inviting your networks to ASM events
- Serve as an After School Matters ambassador in the community by expanding awareness of and enthusiasm for the organization (e.g. through social media etc.)
- Advocate for Chicago’s teen community